Under general direction of the Planning Manager, participates in short and long-range airport planning efforts pertaining to all aspect of the airport; airfield/airspace, facility development, land-use, commercial development, infrastructure, and studies to optimize airport related processes, operations, and facilities. Will be required to apply Airport Planning principles to analyze and strategic plan components of Airport development in support of the Airport's Strategic Growth and Business Plan. Provides documentation, as required, for the administration and execution of each project (i.e. CIP funding documents, Official Board Actions, Work Authorizations, reports, presentations, etc.). Additionally, responsible for directing and managing in-house planning studies and overseeing management of consultant planning studies, as well as, representing the Airport on planning related matters. May coordinate projects with, and/or serve as, the Airport liaison to local, state and federal agencies (FAA, NASA, TxDOT, NCTCOG, DART, TEXRAIL, Owner City and Host City planning departments, etc.).
What you will be doing:
- Supports Design, Code, and Construction department (DCC) and Planning teams with the phasing of projects and implementation factors that affect capital project development.
- Leads preparation of Program/Project Definition Documents to advance projects from a planning concept into design development, adding programmatic details relative to spatial characteristics, demand requirements capacity characteristics, processing efficiency and design criteria necessary for establishing a well-defined project scope of work.
- Translates airport planning concepts into a well-defined project in terms of scope, schedule, and cost by establishing the detailed interior and exterior physical layouts and configuration, performance criteria and design parameters need to smoothly transition the project into design development.
- Defines the functional and operational characteristics, demand profiles, capacity targets, and level of service criteria that must be maintained throughout the project's design and development process.
- Airport Terminal Facilities Planning and Conceptual Design.
- Airport Facilities planning and design associated with, but not limited to, general aviation, cargo, airport maintenance, airline operations or maintenance, and other airport support functions.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for airport terminal and airport facilities planning.
- Develops work plans, and utilizes strategic thinking to provide innovative, sustainable solutions to Airport¿s planning needs.
- Participates in the development and preparation of updates to the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan.
- Leads and develops business cases for projects in support of the Airport's capital improvement program.
- Identifies Airport process improvements using detailed analytical simulation, modeling, and optimization.
- Analyzes Airport Board and tenant-initiated projects to ensure compatibility with the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan, and generally accepted industry standards.
- Oversees consultants conducting short- and long-range airport planning studies; develops schedules, supervises, and monitors study progress.
- Drafts submittals, letters, position papers and reports related to planning projects.
- Produces and facilitates required documentation for Federal/State Grants and Project Funding requests for both internal and external agencies.
- Drives to locations on and off Airport property.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautics, Business Aviation Administration, Aviation Planning, Transportation Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of professional-level experience in relevant planning activities.
- Three (3) years of experience in a coordinating or lead position.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Supervisory experience.
- Masters' degree in Aeronautics, Aviation Planning, Business Administration, Transportation Planning, or related field.
- Familiar and experienced with airport planning and design standards published by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other airport industry associations or transportation research institutions.
- Knowledge of airport and airline procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local ordinances, codes and regulations relating to airport planning and development.
- Experience in estimating.
- Experience in managing project budget and schedule.
- Previous FAA Grant Application and Coordination Experience.
- Professional certification such as American Institute of Certified Planners, Accredited Airport Executive (AAE) or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- FAA Certified Air Traffic Controller or FAA Pilots License.
- FAA Airports Geographic Information Systems (AGIS) experience.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.