Under general direction of the Contracts Manager, you will be preparing and administering, commodity, general, information technology and professional services contracts for DFW Police and Fire, Human Resources, and our Risk Management departments among others. Work involves collaboration with Airport departments in developing and writing technical specifications and requests for bids/proposals; managing the solicitation process, negotiating terms and conditions, writing contracts and contract documents, managing and facilitating contract execution, writing Notices to Proceed, and administering contracts including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, negotiating and writing change orders, delivery orders, and claim settlement agreements, and overseeing contract closeout. Senior Contract Administrator may provide technical oversight and direction.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborates with Airport departments to develop and write technical specifications and bid proposal packages for competitive bidding, requests for competitive sealed proposals and requests for qualifications/proposals for professional services.
• Analyzes and evaluates requisitions for funding availability, accuracy, and specific need; reviews and assists in writing scopes of work or services, research market availability or appropriate substitutions of requested items, recommends pricing methodology.
• Consults with requestor(s) to clarify need and intended use of requested items/services; examines alternative procurement methods; consults with technical and engineering staff.
• Identifies prospective bidders/proposers, recommendations from technical and Business Diversity and Development Department representatives, issues procurement plan and oversees distribution of bid/proposal documents; writes and issues addenda.
• Conducts pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences, bid openings, reviews submittals, manages the evaluation and negotiation process to determine the selected vendor, analyzes proposals and evaluates pricing, works with evaluation committee to recommend selected vendor to management. Documents the solicitation and evaluation process, statistics, and conclusions.
• Prepares and writes Official Board Actions, contracts, change orders, and related documentation, obtains requires concurrence/approval signatures; writes notices to proceed.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in business or public administration or other related business, technical/engineering, or information technology field.
• Experience in negotiating new contracts and modifications/changes to contracts.
• Four (4) years of experience administering contracts or the payment provisions thereof.
• Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite Applications
• Enterprise Content Management Tool Experience.
• Business Intelligence Knowledge in query writing and dashboard development.
• Knowledge of public purchasing and contract funding procedures and requirements
• Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et. Al. and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.