As the Terminal Baggage System Administrator you would be responsible for representing DFW Airport in baggage handling system projects and pilot programs with DFW Board, airlines, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), project managers, contractors, designers, and consultants. The Administrator provides subject matter knowledge to effectively support completion of projects related to baggage handling systems. You will play a key role in establishing and maintaining relationships with airline and TSA personnel.
What you will be doing:
- Liaise with various airport, airline and regulatory departments during outages, construction activities and operational changes related to baggage handling systems.
- Provide approval to project managers, analyst, designers, and consultants in changes related to all baggage handling systems projects.
- Review and recommend system design to ensure compatibility with existing systems of DFW Baggage Handling Systems requirements
- Review all quality control reports to ensure that preventive maintenance work on the baggage system meets or exceeds specifications and reports findings to support future improvements for the baggage handling system.
- Assist in supporting the Airport Terminal Baggage System Supervisor and Quality Control technicians during system disruptions, systems testing, and operations of the baggage control room.
What you need:
- Associates degree in business or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience working in airline/airport operations or maintenance of baggage handling systems (automated conveyance systems (i.e., baggage handling, escalators/elevators).
- Any equivalent combination of education and or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a medical examination drug screen prior to employment
What we desire:
- Knowledge of quality assurance/control methods, principles and practices, including statistical analysis and sampling techniques.
- Knowledge of TSA Planning Guideline Design Standards (PGDS)
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to analyze and develop recommendations concerning contract provisions and requirements to achieve departmental objectives
- Skill in developing, analyzing and evaluating facts relative to unsatisfactory contractor performance
- Ability to establish and maintain project guidelines, schedules and work records.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
- This is a designated Essential Employee position as defined in DFW Airport’s Categories and Classifications Administrative Policy and Procedure. An essential employee is one whose attendance is required to maintain airport operations during an emergency or inclement weather situation.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.