DFW International Airport is looking to hire an experienced Contract Administrator to prepare and administer, commodity, general, information technology and professional services contracts. You will collaborate with Airport departments in developing and writing technical specifications and requests for bids/proposals, managing the solicitation process, negotiating terms and conditions.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborates with Airport departments to develop and write technical specifications and bid proposal packages for competitive bidding, requests for competitive sealed proposals and requests for qualifications/proposals for professional services.
- Analyzes and evaluates requisitions for funding availability, accuracy, and specific need; reviews and assists in writing scopes of work or services, research market availability or appropriate substitutions of requested items, recommends pricing methodology.
- Identifies prospective bidders/proposers, recommendations from technical and Business Diversity and Development Department representatives, issues procurement plan and oversees distribution of bid/proposal documents; writes and issues addenda
- Conducts pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences, bid openings, reviews submittals, manages the evaluation and negotiation process to determine the selected vendor, analyzes proposals and evaluates pricing, works with evaluation committee to recommend selected vendor to management. Documents the solicitation and evaluation process, statistics, and conclusions.
- Reviews audit reports, negotiates disputed items, and incorporates results of the audit into the contract; prepares draft audit responses for review and approval.
- Approves contract closeouts, ensures that final completion notices are sent to contractors/consultants and reconciliation of final funds disposition.
- Advises Board staff and consultant project managers of potential contractual problems and provides contract interpretations.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business or public administration or other related business, technical/engineering, or information technology field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible purchasing experience or experience administering general or professional service contracts.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices and procedures of public contract administration, public bidding laws and contract funding procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of estimating and pricing techniques and industry resources for determining labor, material, and equipment costs.
- Experience in the use of ERP Systems and Microsoft Suite Applications.
- Ability to meet and interface with vendors, contractors, tenants, consultants, Board staff and other interested parties to exchange information, explain and interpret standards and resolve differences.
- Ability to interpret and use oral and written instructions, specifications, sketches, and blueprints to prepare solicitation documents, scopes of work or services, analyze and negotiate proposals and write contracts and change orders.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.