As an Assistant Vice President of Planning, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive and continuous business and capital planning process designed to ensure that the future facilitation requirements provide operational efficiency. Under general direction of the Vice President Planning, you will perform professional and management tasks in master planning and facility planning to help support the overall strategic planning of the Airport. You’ll have the opportunity to promote the DFW Airport and to work for one of the best and busiest airports to work for.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage the Strategic Long Term and Tactical/Implementation Planning Groups which will systematically explore, analyze, and identify the preferred action plans for a diverse range of facility and development needs at DFW as an integral part of DFW’s Master Plan. These areas include airside, landside, passenger terminals, concessions, surface transportation, wayfinding and signage, cargo and land development. The development planning process will assess the airport’s operational effectiveness, capacity utilization, and operational cost containment and to ensure revenue growth and enhancement of airport services
- Develop and proactively manage the Planning teams to support the planning needs related to the Airside, Land Development, Terminal Concessions, Terminal Modernization & Expansion, Ground Transportation Improvements, and other critical landside/airside systems. Lead teams will include DFW staff and specialized consultant support.
- Manage diverse consultant teams, including the On-Call Planning Consultant Team, in the and resultant Capital Improvement Programs. Responsibilities include implementing appropriate controls to ensure the achievement of Planning’s goals and objectives for quality end products and efficient contract management.
- Collaborate and coordinate with DFW managers responsible for key components of the operation (such as Design, Code and Construction, Commercial Development, Parking, Concessions, Terminal Management, Environmental Affairs Energy, Transportation and Asset Management, and DPS) to identify the airport’s strengths and weaknesses and business opportunities to improve and refine services to meet business goals.
- Lead the preparation of Program/Project Definition Documents to advance projects from a planning concept into design development, adding programmatic details relative to spatial characteristics, demand requirements, capacity characteristics, processing efficiency and design criteria necessary for establishing a well-defined project scope of work.
- Participate in the strategic planning process to integrate quality improvements with the overall business plan.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- (7) years of increasing responsibility in Aviation/ Commercial Real Estate development/ Urban development or related fields, including experience in planning studies or analysis of systems at medium and/or large enterprises.
- Three (3) years of supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license. Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, Planning, Business, or related field
- Experience in Airport terminal/facility, land development, and ground access planning at a medium to large airport.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.