An Instruments and Controls Technician maintains DFW Airport’s control systems and instrumentation for the utilities infrastructure. Their work includes completing repairs, calibrations and installations of industrial and utility systems within the Utilities Plant, deicing stations and water stations across the Airport.
What you will be doing:
- Troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, calibrates and installs industrial and utility related control systems and instrumentation.
- Reads and interprets specifications, diagrams and schematics detailing instrumentation and control systems installation and maintenance requirements and operating parameters.
- Modifies existing equipment by installing energy saving, operational and safety monitoring devices.
- Tests faulty components and circuits using test equipment such as oscilloscope and multimeter; performs bench repair of components and circuits; replaces defective components and wiring; calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Calibrates measurement and test equipment/instruments using N.I.S.T. traceable standards.
- May lead work crews for assigned projects.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of maintenance/repair experience on microprocessor-based pneumatic/electronic instrumentation and control systems.
- Formal training in instrumentation and controls technology or a related field
- Any equivalent combination of education and /or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of certification, or ability to successfully obtain the following certifications:
- The State of Texas “Certified Wastewater Collection System Operator” Class I certification within one year of employment.
- The State of Texas Class D Water Works Operator certification within one year of employment.
- Universal Refrigerant certification from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved provider within one year of employment.
- Ability to pass a color vision deficiency test.
- Ability to pass a medical physical examination.
- Ability to periodically work on-call outside of normal operating hours including weekends and holidays.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et al., and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
- This is a designated Essential Employee position as defined in DFW Airport’s Categories and Classifications Administrative Policy and Procedure. An essential employee is one whose attendance is required to maintain airport operations during an emergency or inclement weather situation.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of methods, equipment and materials used in maintenance of pneumatic/electronic instruments and control systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of microcomputer-based control systems and environmental energy equipment such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctions/defects in electronic and pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to use test equipment and hand tools associated with the repair, maintenance and installation of electronic systems.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.