As a Senior Employee Relations Manager, you will manage and supervise the Employee Relations function for DFW Airport. This position is responsible for developing Employee Relations processes, standards, and analytics, handling complex employee relations cases and guiding employee relations team in day-to-day employee relations activities. Ensures fairness and consistency serving as a neutral party when handling employee issues, interpreting and applying Airport policies and in providing guidance to managers with their employee relations issues.
What you will be doing:
- Manages DFW’s Employee Relations function to include supervision and training of Employee Relations Specialists and Sr. Employee Relations Specialists.
- Manages and develops employee relations processes related to the oversight of complaints procedures, policy violations, appeal hearings, unemployment hearings, involuntary terminations of employment, and responses to charges from governmental and regulatory agencies such as the EEOC and oversees the implementation of these processes.
- Conducts investigations on complex, high-exposure cases.
- Provides managers and supervisors with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal and compliance matters to ensure fair and consistent application. Counsels and advises on the application of specific employment laws including federal and state labor laws.
- Advises supervisors regarding corrective action issues and prepares employee relations documents to include performance improvement plans and correspondence related to investigations and corrective action.
- Serves as the lead Employee Relations representative responsible for cases involving employee leaves of absence (i.e. FML, STD, Workers Compensation, etc.) and reasonable accommodation requests.
- Partner with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP’s) on corrective actions.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, psychology, business, or related field.
- Five (5) years of professional-level HR experience.
- One (1) year of direct supervisory or team lead experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis
What we desire:
- Skill in communicating clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the Board, including governmental agencies such as the EEOC and TWC.
- Knowledge of current rules, regulations, laws, principles, practices, and policies related to HR administration.
- Ability to engage in conflict resolution/negotiating activities to resolve complaints.
- Ability to maintain objective and neutral in conflicts.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.