As the Chief of Police Services, you will direct, plan, and manage all functions and operations of DFW International Airport’s Police Department in the enforcement of laws and regulations, the prevention of crime, and protection of life and property. You will also formulate policies, standards, and procedures for area of responsibility, and coordinate the provision of other services. Under general direction of the Director of Public Safety, the Chief of Police Services performs administrative and technical public safety work in the direction of police services.
What you will be doing
- Provide strategic direction on complex issues including departmental directives affecting operational policies, management of internal resources, program effectiveness/efficiency, and coordination of airport public safety functions to enforce laws, rules, and regulations in areas of responsibility.
- Direct the selection, orientation, training, performance management, wage administration, and discipline of employees in the Police Department in accordance with DFW Airport policy.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the Police Department operations, including preparation of the departmental budget; and monitor the budget expenditures throughout the year in accordance with the approved budget/capital plans.
- Participate in emergency and disaster planning; assume command at the scene of a major incident involving area of responsibility and direct all operations through subordinate command personnel.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic and long-range plans for the Police Department consistent with the DFW Airport's strategic plan, mission, goals and objectives.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills especially in the areas of strategic thinking, problem solving, and the generation of creative approaches in program activities in response to identified challenges facing police departments today.
- Ability to manage large-scale program activities effectively and efficiently within a police department including program, personnel, and fiscal management.
- Proven record of effectively cultivating a transparent, accountable, and collaborative environment that embraces a broad diversity of stakeholders.
- Experience in effectively developing, mentoring, and coaching staff. This includes developing staff as appropriate on individual roles/responsibilities, supervision skills, management responsibilities, and leadership at all levels within the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a message that is clear, concise, informative, and is consistent with the direction of the organization and the department.
What you need
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, or closely related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in law enforcement including at least five years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Must possess Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Police License.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.