The Design Code and Construction Project Manager interfaces daily with the Senior Project Manager in planning, programming and implementing the development of airport infrastructure investments which include, but not limited to airfield, landside, facilities and supporting systems. These projects support the airport's strategic growth and business plan. Oversight may be exercised over consultants and a multi-disciplined in-house staff and coordinates the activities of tenant airlines, businesses, governmental and other agencies. Develops and maintains schedules and budgets for all aspects of assigned airport development projects, including resource management, planning, design, implementation and operational implementation. Provides documentation as required for the administration and execution of each project (i.e. Capital funding documents, Official Board Actions, Work Authorizations, etc.).
What you will be doing:
- Consults with the Senior Project Manager to coordinate and implement the programming of development projects assigned to the Design, Code and Construction Department.
- Oversees architects, engineers and other consultants in the programming, planning, design and construction of projects in accordance with airport design criteria and codes and reports any concerns/issues to the Senior Project Manager; drives in Airfield Operations Area (AOA) and accesses all forms of construction in progress.
- Manages project quality control, cost containment, timeliness, scope, security and environmental compliance.
- Monitors and tracks project budget, estimates, schedule and changes and forwards to the Senior Project Manager for approval. Interfaces with the Airport’s central project management database to maintain current project management information during the design, construction, and close-out phases of each respective project.
- Provides overall project responsibility for variety of projects and tasks throughout design, construction, and close-out.
What you need:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a fast paced aviation/airport capital program environment including managing multiple projects through their full life cycle of design, construction and close-out.
- Strong experience working with architects, engineers and airport functional departments in the implementation of capital investments.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et al., and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
- Fulfill all training requirements and activities in accordance with Title 14 CFR Part 139 and Administrative Policy AO.014.01, Ground Vehicle Driver Training for Air Operations Area.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose