As a Signs and Marking Technician you will be a part of a highly skilled, and efficient team that designs, maintains, repairs, and installs DFW Airports’ multitude of signs, markings and vehicle graphics. You will have the opportunity to work with highly various specialized computer-aided systems while you hone your leadership skills.
What you will be doing:
- Design, fabricate and install a variety of signs and markings, using a combination of drawings and verbal/written instructions, to satisfy current codes, laws, and customer requirements.
- Operate highly specialized graphics computers and equipment, such as New Hermes and Gerber Scientific Products systems to cut, engrave and rout various sign materials. This involves knowledge and applied skill in the use of various compute
- programs and platforms, such as Windows 95, Adobe Illustrator and GSP Graphix Advantage. Final production involves design and fabrication.
- Utilize screen printing processes to fabricate various sign faces and utilizes cold and thermal/vacuum lamination processes to complete installation of sign faces to various sign substrates, such as aluminum, plastics, and wood.
- Use various precision drafting, geometric and mathematical processes in the design and fabrication of complex graphics, often within plus/minus .001 tolerances.
- Operate and maintain a diverse fleet of large truck-mounted stripers and walk-behind stripers, utilizing both air-type and airless-type systems.
- Support operators with loading and cleaning of units, traffic control escorting and precision masking procedures.
- Use computerized controls in the operation of the truck stripers. Follow strict rules and regulations, while operating in the presence of vehicles and aircraft, to maintain safety.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in sign fabrication and pavement marking.
- Possession of a valid class B commercial driver’s license or ability to obtain one within a designated probation period
What we desire:
- Knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to operate the techniques, tools and equipment used in modern sign fabrication, such as photographic process screen printing and computerized vinyl systems, such as Gerber Scientific Products and New Hermes.
- Knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to lay out and install various types of pavement markings; including paints, raised markers, tapes and thermoplastic films.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations for signing and marking public roads and airfields.
- Knowledge of the FAA rules/regulations pertinent to working around commercial aircraft and ground support vehicles, in an airfield environment.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions in the area of assignment, including handling of hazardous chemicals, working in construction zones, working with oxygen/acetylene torches, steel shot blasters, propane gas torches, truck-mounted cranes and around heavy amount of moving aircraft traffic.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.