As a Contract Specialist at DFW Airport, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow from a dedicated team of highly proficient contract professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for certifying compliance with contract provisions, analyzing and administering the payment terms and conditions of construction, general, and professional services contracts. You will also establish, maintain and reconcile information relative to contract data in the Board’s legacy computer systems. You will even have the opportunity to participate in the preparation of DFW Airport’s annual budget and year end closing.
What you will be doing:
• Processing Requests for Payments for complex contracts, ensuring accuracy of funds availability and distribution, correct form and format of invoices and that payments are based on valid supporting documentation that has been reviewed and approved by designated technical representatives
• Interfacing with contractors, consultants, sub-contractors, contract administrators, and other Board staff to resolve payment or other contract compliance issues.
• Maintaining financial management of contracts including verifying the accuracy of invoice computations, ensuring that funding and account disbursements are proper for assigned contracts and interfacing with other Board staff to resolve problems and discrepancies.
• Verifying those payments made that are not in compliance with contract terms have been supported, reviewed and approved with proper supporting documentation.
• Providing contract related financial information to auditors, bonding companies, suppliers, inspectors, sub-contractors, contractors and other Board staff upon request, based on approval of department management.
• Maintaining detailed contract data relative to payment history including retainages, stored materials, delivery order payments, etc.
• Calculating and verifying final contract amounts prior to contract close-out, completing final fund and contract reconciliation or cost adjustments to Board records upon contract close-out.
What you need:
• College coursework in finance, business or a related field.
• Three (3) years of responsible experience administering contracts or the payment provisions thereof.
• Up to two (2) years college coursework may substitute for years of experience on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Ability to coordinate work activities in order to accomplish work assignments under time pressure and within pre-established and inflexible time limits.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing, in general and technical terms, with Board staff, contractors and management.
• Ability to recognize problems, initiate corrective measures and recommend solutions.
• Ability to analyze and interpret contractual terminology, to determine contractor compliance and to resolve discrepancies concerning contractors and contract provisions.
• Skill in operating a personal computer to capture and maintain records of contract activity and to reconcile data within different systems.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.