Under general direction of the SkyLink Assistant Manager, controls all aspects of the operation of the SkyLink automated people mover (APM) system via computer console, electronic monitors, power distribution and radio and telecommunications systems. Work requires technical expertise that involves analysis of overall system performance and service level requirements. Controls primary, secure, ground transportation to airline, TSA, concessionaire employees and the traveling public between terminals. Controls SkyLink APM system in response to real or potential emergencies. Uses independent judgment to provide customer service support to the public on the SkyLink APM system and in the stations, through real time operation of the system by effective communications, maintenance of balanced headway and effective utilization of emergency and failure management strategies. Determines the best course of action to provide the highest level of service with available resources and provides any other support, which affects or could affect customer service, safety, and airport security.
What you will be doing:
1. Analyzes real time information and controls overall SkyLink operation by correcting or circumventing problems through computer command keyboard input and/or by directing and dispatching maintenance personnel in response to operational needs.
2. Analyzes all available data to determine need and declares state of alert or emergency, closes or restores the SkyLink system and briefs applicable Airport Board, SkyLink maintenance and airline personnel on the status of the system.
3. Directs response personnel during abnormal or emergency operations in a life safety environment to appropriate locations.
4. Analyzes and directs transportation service levels, adjusts SkyLink route loading to meet demand of schedule, airline forecast or real time observation; analyzes service impact, then directs and implements alternative service modes.
5. Maintains Airport security by implementing Breach of Security violation plan in compliance with Airport Board, TSA and Section Policies and Procedures.
6. Directs Department of Public Safety (DPS) personnel to life-safety emergency locations, or for Skylink security issues.
7. Assimilates and disseminates weather information critical to the safety and operation of the SkyLink system and declares SkyLink weather alerts and or emergencies.
8. Takes part in training, re-training, and examinations of themselves and other employees as required by the Control Center qualification program.
9. Assists with the investigation of accidents, incidents, events and passenger inconveniences, and assists to resolve system user complaints of passengers and tenants; assists the traveling public through various customer service functions.
What you need:
What we desire:
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose