As part of the Communication and Marketing leadership team, this role will oversee content development for all employee communications, including digital campaigns, print materials, and email. The role collaborates with the Marketing and Community Engagement teams to promote products and services for airfield, terminal, and non-airline revenues, achieving goals and key results according to the Airport’s strategic plan. Under the direction of the Vice President of Communications and Marketing, the Assistant Vice President of Communications is responsible for the development of a cohesive communication strategy for both internal and external channels
What you will be doing:
• Lead, manage, and develop a team of communications professionals and external agency partners to develop strategies and tactics that improve the DFW Airport brand reputation among employees, customers, and stakeholders.
• Collaborate with other department leaders to proactively develop coordinated, integrated messaging and content across multiple channels to achieve the Airport’s strategic objectives
• Oversee the management and leveraging of key media partnerships and media relations. Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
• Develop external communications strategies, with an emphasis on reaching local, national, and international audiences through owned and earned channels.
• Develop internal communications strategies, with an emphasis on the integration of singular messaging through print, digital and executive communications channels.
• Lead, develop, and refine the Airport’s crisis communications planning and response, coordinating messaging and content through all owned, earned, and paid channels to protect and promote the Airport’s brand to all audiences. On-call 24/7 for activations of the Emergency Operations Center, leading the efforts for all internal and external communications.
• If required, act as corporate spokesperson, and respond to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed.
• Ultimately accountable for reviewing and ensuring the quality of all pieces of internal and external communications content. Strives for constant improvement in the writing process to enhance the results of messaging.
• Direct staff in development & implementation of long-range and short-term communications efforts; develop strategic plans and measures results, revising the plans accordingly.
• Oversee financial planning, budgeting, and expense forecasting for the Communications department, coordinating with other department leaders.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, integrated communications, marketing, international business, or a related field.
• Seven (7) years of experience in corporate communications or public relations.
• Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
• Extensive community relations and corporate social responsibility experience.
• Experience working with supplier diversity programs
• Well-connected and savvy within the aviation industry and North Texas communities.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.