Under general supervision of the Survey Manager, coordinates and works with the survey party in gathering survey data used to prepare boundary surveys, topographic surveys, as-built surveys, maps and exhibits of Airport property. Establishes horizontal and vertical control traverses, uses manual and automated data collection systems for boundary reconstruction, topographic surveys and construction layout, and communicates findings to the Land Surveyor in a clear and well-organized format.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinates the daily activities of a survey party, including work output, records maintenance and care of Board property.
- Using conventional survey equipment, gathers and records raw survey field data in accordance with written standards or as directed by the Land Surveyor.
- Performs mathematical calculations to determine distances, angles, elevations, grades, arcs and curves; makes sketches and drawings; records field observations and provides other documentation to support surveys.
- Makes decisions in the field regarding proper surveying procedures and resolves surveying problems that do not exceed limits or variances authorized by the Land Surveyor.
- Collects, compiles and reduces raw survey field data.
- Collects and compares relevant as-built data to construction plans and surveys to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares automated and manual data files and records in a clear and concise manner
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of land survey experience including construction layout and boundary reconstruction.
- One (1) year of experience in a survey lead capacity.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and accepted practices of professional land surveying.
- Knowledge of land survey terminology and chaining procedures.
- Knowledge of conventional survey instruments (total stations, theodolites, electronic distance measurements (EDMs), data collectors, levels, prism poles and level rods.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations using algebra, geometry and trigonometry and compile raw survey data.
- Ability to read construction plans and surveys and to make calculations using architectural/engineering scales.
- Ability to perform and close horizontal and vertical control traverses within acceptable tolerances.
- Ability to work within the guidelines established for working within the Airport Operations Area (AOA).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to pass a medical physical examination.
What we desire:
- Experience with Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection.
- Surveyor-In-Training candidate in the state of Texas.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.