Under general supervision the Administrative Assistant II, types and proofreads letters, memoranda, forms and reports; performs intermediate arithmetic calculations; receives and places telephone calls; processes departmental documents and forms and maintains logbooks and filing systems. May take and transcribe dictation. In this role you will serve on a team of professionals contributing to the overall operational excellence of DFW Airport.
What you will be doing:
- Using word processing software (Microsoft Word), types and proofreads letters, memoranda, forms and reports from notes, rough drafts and verbal or written instructions; distributes and files finished product.
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls, places telephone calls and relays information to others both inside and outside the Board.
- Acts as receptionist in assigned work area to screen visitors; may act as relief receptionist in other work areas.
- Processes and distributes mail and departmental documents and forms; picks up and delivers mail, packages, boxes and other items to and from different locations on the Airport.
- Performs related administrative duties such as copying and faxing correspondence and documents, maintaining and filing documents in filing system, maintaining appointment schedules, maintaining departmental library, processing timecards and taking and transcribing dictation.
- Processes travel requests including the arranging and confirmation of flights, hotels, rental cars, etc.
- Assists in the research and collection of report data from sources external to the department and assists with program administration and special projects.
- Prepares deposits of checks, cash and credit cards, or verify deposit amounts.
- Ensures environmental aspects and impacts within the span of control of your position are identified and timely communicated to applicable personnel.
- Evaluates environmental performance. Provides employee feedback regarding needed performance improvements and acknowledge employees whose environmentally related performance is exemplary.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Some Board Department Administrative Assistant II positions require that the applicant has not been convicted of a Felony, Class A and/or Class B Misdemeanor criminal offense.
- Some Board Department Administrative Assistant II positions require that the applicant has not been convicted of any family violence offense.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of business English, arithmetic, spelling and vocabulary.
- Skill in the operation of modern office equipment, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Skill in the operation of standard office machines.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious internal and external working relationships.
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et al., and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.