As the Vice President, Communications and Marketing, you will be responsible for leading the DFW Airport overall communication strategy in support of the Airport’s Strategic Plan. Under the leadership of the Executive Vice President of Administration and Diversity, you will also provide leadership to a talented team of professionals who develop and implement global strategies to promote DFW Airport. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with and influence key leaders within the airport and across the community to spread the message about key initiatives that drive over 37 billion dollars in economic output for the North Texas region
What you will be doing:
- Develop communications and marketing strategies to maximize the airport’s reputation amongst its customers and stakeholders in the industry, community, and workplace.
- Inform and influence DFW Airport’s employees, customers and stakeholders through internal and external communications, social, digital, and traditional media, marketing, issues management, and crisis response.
- Develop and execute marketing programs in support of Airport priorities and revenue-generating initiatives.
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders and groups to support business initiatives.
- Develop effective working relationships with CEO, executives, and senior staff to support the achievement of business goals.
- Implement community engagement programs, to broaden and enhance key stakeholder’s advocacy and support through outreach, engagement and employee involvement while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with business partners such as chambers of commerce, business advocacy groups, CVBs, regulatory agencies and collaborates on messaging with airlines as necessary.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, liberal arts, or a related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, or print or broadcast media.
- Seven (7) years of management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Master’s degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Law, or Government.
- Experience in more than one role related to communications, marketing or public relations
- Experience in public policy disciplines.
- Airport or aviation industry experience.
- PRSA Certification of other relevant Public Relations certifications.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees, and over the past five years we achieved almost every strategic objective and performance goal that we set out to achieve.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional Airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join our Treasury Management Department and help us re-imagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW and live and work with purpose.