Are you constantly looking for exciting ways to reach employees, particularly when it comes to making complex topics simple, intuitive, and interesting? As an Internal Communication Specialist, you will write articles, remarks, announcements, and other editorial content for all communications channels. You will be working closely with our internal communications team to to deliver consistent messaging to our internal audience. You will also be responsible for developing and creating communications and marketing strategies and identifying new channels based on data-driven analysis and evaluation of existing communications infrastructure. You will also assist with crisis communications, special events and media relations, depending on the needs of the department. Interested? Let’s talk!
What you will be doing:
- Identifying, collecting, developing, and writing content for employee intranet, digital signs, posters, emails, and other communications channels.
- Assisting with the development and execution of communication plans to support a variety of organizational objectives; communication plans include identification of various audiences, development of key messages and methods of communication.
- Develops, implements and analyzes communications metrics and their associated tools to provide data-driven solutions for internal communications channels.
- Collaborating with department colleagues to promote internal messaging and news.
- Leading or supporting communications and marketing efforts related to DFW’s Total Rewards program, which includes pay, time off, wellness, savings, benefits and extras.
- Serving as project manager for communications of major Airport initiatives.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field
- Three (3) years of experience with a public relations agency or in a corporate communications department with primary responsibilities in employee communications, media relations or, reputation management
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Excellent knowledge of AP writing style and its application.
- Extensive writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Airport leadership, employees, and other key constituent groups.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.