Under general supervision of the Sr Application Development Manager, designs, develops and implements information systems and software applications using relational databases, web services, XML, and interfaces to custom and 3rd party applications. You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes and gather functional system requirements. You are not an order taker; you ask why questions and solve the right problems.
What you will be doing:
- Works IT Business Analysts, Application Developers, and customers to design, develop and implement information systems and software applications to either meet business needs or increase efficiency.
- Uses Object Oriented Methodology to develop and document complex logical and physical data models for information systems and software applications.
- Adheres to defined security and quality procedures in conjunction with the ITS System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and other Information Security policies.
- Design applications from modeling the database schema to building out the user flows to creating mock-ups for the interfaces.
- Build and invoke web APIs to integrate with various systems that are used across the organization such as social media platforms, HR management systems, finance systems, etc.
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues and provide ongoing support to various business applications.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience designing, developing and/or implementing information systems and software applications.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Basic knowledge of security and networking architecture.Experience with Appian, Salesforce, or other Business Process Management development tools.
- Knowledge of general human resources administration theory, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices.
- You can effectively communicate both technical and non-technical topics with people of various personalities and are not afraid to voice your opinion.
- Prior experience with enterprise systems including CRM, HRIS, ERP and their corresponding business domain knowledge
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including designing data models and/or entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) for business use cases.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.