How To Apply
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position at this time.
Under general direction of the Assistant Vice President of Enterprise Systems, the position supports DFW Airport in providing geospatial analyses and data. This position will play an important leadership role in driving efforts to effectively integrate geospatial data into DFW Airport business and operational systems. The Senior Geospatial Data Manager will identify strategic opportunities to improve geospatial data quality and utilization in critical processes and management practices while leveraging business and IT resources. The position will work with business stakeholders to define geospatial data quality requirements and metrics; and ensure there are processes and business rules in place to achieve them.
What you will be doing:
- Develops and monitors/reviews enterprise data and information management strategy/stack to include Data Governance, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Virtualization,
- Engages and collaborates with senior leaders and peers in developing an enterprise geospatial database ensuring they are viewed, interpreted, and used in a consistent and effective manner.
- Directs continuous improvement of data management practices to ensure that data resources are integrated, understandable, accessible, and secure.
- Establishes service level management, aligning the data resources with business expectations for performance, availability, data quality and relevance.
- Initiates, systematizes, and facilitates data quality audits by data owners to ensure data consistency, integrity, and completeness.
- Identifies opportunities to constantly improve the quality of geospatial analyses and visualization.
- Manages efforts among data owners and application development teams to proactively manage cross-organizational decisions where geospatial analyses and data are necessary.
- Oversees plans, supervises, and manages GIS projects; monitors progress and reports development and implementation status to management; develops detailed project plans, allocates staff and equipment resources and drafts management reports.
¿What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, or related field.
- Six (6) years of Information Technology experience, including understanding of the end-to-end data life cycle requirements of key business processes and exposure to data quality, records management, security and privacy concepts, best practices, and tools/technologies.
- Four (4) years of experience managing information data cross-functional team, developing, and applying technology Business Intelligence & Analytics and reporting solutions.
- Proven success delivering innovative solutions to customers, driving change and adoption of new technologies.
- Proven experience driving or promoting a service-oriented culture and delivery model.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Experience with field data collection.
- Experience developing geospatial applications and web services.
- Certified as a GIS professional by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et. Al. and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose