As an IT Geospatial Analyst, you will help create and manage geospatial data that is integrated with DFW Airport business and operational systems. You will also support business stakeholders by performing custom analyses and creating map exhibits based upon a wide array of data serving the needs of diverse lines of business.
What you will be doing:
- Create and maintain geospatial datasets utilizing GIS software.
- Perform routine quality assurance to ensure geospatial data accuracy and completeness.
- Complete ad hoc analysis and maps requests to support the needs of internal departments.
- Converts data from multiple formats into the DFW enterprise GIS.
- Creates documentation on GIS data management processes for future use.
- Automate data collection, conversion, and maintenance tasks utilizing python or other applicable scripting languages.
- Liaison with client departments to understand analysis, data, and mapping requirements.
- Prepare technical and user documentation of GIS application programs and procedures.
- Work with users, analysts, and managers to identify business problems and develop solutions associated with GIS technologies.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in geographic information systems, information technology or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in maintaining geospatial data.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Proficiency using ArcGIS software.
- Experience with field data collection.
- Experience developing geospatial applications and web services.
- Certified as a GIS professional by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.