Under the general direction of the Revenue Control Manager, performs a variety of complex collection-related tasks. Serves as the collection agent for the Airport Board. Exercises initiative, judgment, and discretion in the resolution of delinquent accounts within the constraints of accepted collection practices and Board policies and procedures. New assignments and changes in policies and procedures are normally carried out with minimum supervision.
What you will be doing:
- Manage DFW’s accounts receivable customer’s relationship, supporting the customers’ account detail access through their final payment.
- Executes the collection of complexes, detailed account receivable by acting as DFW’s liaison for both internal and external customers and outside collection agencies.
- Analyzes account receivables to determine collection feasibility by recommending non-collectable accounts for write-off.
- Facilitates an on-going communication with tenants and customers, Board departments and other agencies by telephone, letters, emails, iReceivables web posting, and meetings to expedite the collection of Board revenue.
- Manages complex customer complaints and encourages payment of overdue accounts and schedules meetings to resolve pending issues with the Revenue Control Manager.
- Assists the Assistant Vice President Accounting/Controller and General Accounting Manager in the preparation of routine and non-routine accounting, audit, and financial transactions such as CAFR and annual audit Prepared by Clients (PBC) reports.
- Develops and produces periodic spreadsheets and reports detailing monies received/collected from past due accounts including but not limited to management and tracking of the Collection Policy demand letters.
- Determines proactive business decisions to resolve problems when submitting past due accounts for legal action and/or to the Revenue Control Manager.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- College coursework in finance, business, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of responsible clerical accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.