Under general direction, takes a leadership role in the understanding and execution of air service route traffic and revenue forecasting, and uses the results to build compelling business case airline presentations, with an emphasis on domestic U.S. and international passenger and cargo airlines. Performs statistical and financial analyses to support the strategic plan for market development. Manages and maintains data bases to analyze and produce airline business cases, ad hoc reports, and periodic management presentations. Develops, maintains, and communicates a deep analytical understanding and performance assessment of airline activity at DFW and other airports, including operations, landed weights, passengers, fares and yields, and other such metrics. Serves as an industry expert on trends, changes, and developments in the airline industry, both globally and as they impact DFW. Employs primary and secondary research strategies and coordinates with third party resources and research organizations.
What you will be doing:
- Understands needs of airline partners and has ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Understands air service route traffic and revenue forecasting, including QSI models to effectively interpret the results, determining the profit potential of air service routes, trouble-shooting forecasting issues, and altering forecast assumptions and methodology based on feedback.
- Develops compelling business cases for presentation to airline executives, including forecast results when appropriate.
- Performs statistical and financial analysis and market research to support the passenger development plan, assist in the identification of under-served and emerging markets, and recommend strategies for advancing DFW’s market position.
- Assesses, summarizes, and reports on current airline/aviation trends and their impact on DFW International Airport.
- Leads efforts related to both long-term and short-term forecasts for passengers, landed weights, and operations for the annual budget and other forecasts.
- Acts as liaison with Revenue Management, Finance, and other departments to support budget process and ongoing monthly performance reports.
- Develops relationships with cargo airlines to support future business development plans.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance/economics, marketing, aviation management, or quantitative field.
- Three (3) years of experience in network planning, scheduling, revenue management, strategic planning, market research, or related field in the aviation industry.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Working knowledge of a foreign language.
- Experience in Tableau, QSI model and forecasting
- Business Intelligence Knowledge in query writing and dashboard development.
- Master of Business Administration degree.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be. Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.