Under general direction of Vice President Aviation Real Estate, serves as the Airport’s liaison between the Board and the tenants regarding airport facility projects that may impact the terminal footprint, airport layout, and/or airport operations. Manages multiple aspects of the facilities programs and improvements. Responsible for the Airport Real Estate (ARE) department’s Space Inventory System (SIS), a Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) -based component of the document management system used to prepare lease exhibits, area calculations and track the tenant premises in the Terminals. Responsible for the locations of the tenants throughout the facilities and the oversight of the associated financial and square footage analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Serves as the day-to-day contact with Airport departments regarding issues related to planning, programming, and implementing the development of airport facilities projects to support the Board’s strategic growth and business plan.
- Supports ARE department managers in coordinating, planning and implementing initiatives related to aviation leasing opportunities, facility utilization, and terminal management projects. Reviews the terminal financial performance.
- Oversees all aspects of airport development projects including project plans, schedules, timelines, reports, and budgets.
- Oversees the analysis of terminal operations and expenses.
- Provides documentation for the administration and execution of each project, for example, CIP funding documents, Official Board Actions (OBAs), work authorizations, etc.
- Oversees the project related activities of professional-level airport staff and consultants.
- Coordinates activities of airline tenants, businesses, governmental entities and other agencies related to airport projects.
- Manages the Airport’s CADD-based Space Inventory System (SIS) including tracking facility/tenant location, updating the SIS system, changing leases, and linking information to financial records to ensure proper billing.
- Coordinates and implements projects that support the department’s initiatives, including space planning, and evaluates floor plans based on user needs. Serves as departmental project manager on tenant improvements and/or relocations, including the oversight of construction completion and decisions regarding project budget estimates, allocations, and revisions.
- Works directly with airport tenants to coordinate, schedule, and complete facility relocation and/or improvement programs; inspects work while in progress and following completion to ensure the Board’s contract compliance standards are maintained; follows up with responsible parties to resolve open issues.
- Coordinates and interacts with tenants, consultants, contractors, and other Airport departments to respond to requests for information such as requests for floor plan images or “exhibits”.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, interior design, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of experience in planning and execution of architectural projects.
- Two (2) years of supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge and experience related to Aviation Real Estate leasing policies and procedures involving tenant space and allocation of terminal facilities.
- Familiarity with terminal operations and space utilization specific to DFW facilities.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.