Under the general direction of Electronics Lead Technician, performs technical electrical and electronics work associated with the installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance of electronic equipment including but not limited to repair Traffic Signal System, Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS), Automated Access Control System (AACS), computers, software, and other electronics systems.
What you will be doing:
- Troubleshooting, installation, programming, monitoring, repairs, and maintenance of DFW Airport’s traffic signal System, Uninterruptable Power Supply System (UPS), Automated Access Control System, airfield weather temperature sensors system and other support to electronics systems.
- Performs system upgrades or modifications using a laptop computer with appropriate application software.
- Tests electronic circuits to locate defective system components using oscilloscopes, signal generators, multimeters.
- Replaces defective components, wiring, and adjusts electronic parts to specifications using hand tools, special equipment, and soldering irons.
- Reads, interprets, and works from blueprints, schematics, drawings, and systems’ technical specifications.
- Assists project managers in coordinating work performed by contractors on assigned systems.
- Assists design engineers in developing specifications on assigned systems.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests, as required by Federal and Board regulations.
- Interacts with Facilities Service Coordinators and Quality Assurance staff to coordinate, monitor and assist in contractor-maintained facility electronics systems.
- Assists the Environmental Affairs Department in performing field observations of Airport activities with respect to potential environmental issues and notifies the Environmental Affairs Department of any observations that may have environmental impact.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in repair and maintenance of electronic systems and equipment.
- Formal training in general electronics.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical examination.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et al., and DFW Airport’s Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
- This is a designated safety sensitive position as defined in DFW Airport’s Drug and Alcohol Administrative Policy and Procedure. Applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a drug test prior to employment and to submit to drug screening on a random basis during the length of their employment in the safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to meet all initial and recurrent training requirements in accordance with Title 14 CFR part 139 and administrative Policy AO.014.01, Ground Vehicle Driver Training for Air Operations Area (AOA) within 30 days of assignment to a driving position and before being permitted to operate the vehicle without the direct supervision and presence of a co-operator qualified under this requirement.
- This is a designated Essential Employee position as defined in DFW Airport’s Categories and Classifications Administrative Policy and Procedure. An essential employee is one whose attendance is required to maintain airport operations during an emergency or inclement weather situation.
What we desire:
- A manufacturer’s certification.
- Two- (2) year technical degree.
- Previous electronics maintenance experience in an airport environment.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence, and talented employees.
Our success is made possible through the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connecting our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.