As an Assistant Vice President of Infrastructure Maintenance, you will perform responsible, professional, and administrative work in managing, reviewing, and evaluating activities of the Infrastructure Maintenance business unit. You will plan, organize, and manage through subordinate managers, supervisors, and administrative staff the maintenance, repair, and renewal of Airport infrastructure and development and administration of an Airport-wide procurement, contracts, and management program to produce cost effective, high quality, customer-focused outcomes in support of Board goals and objectives. Transform travel with us at DFW International Airport.
What you will be doing:
• Through subordinate managers, supervisors and administrative staff, plan, organize and manage a comprehensive program for the maintenance, repair and renewal of Airport infrastructure, including airfield areas, public grounds and traffic management systems through in-sourced and contracted resources to ensure the optimum operational capability and reliability of the Airport at all times.
• Responsible for airfield maintenance for compliance with FAR Part 139, CFR 1540-1542 and assist with the coordination of the airport emergency plan, airside and landside maintenance programs, and support/execute the snow and ice control plan.
• Through subordinate managers, supervisors and administrative staff, identify, plan, and implement vehicle maintenance, and repair strategies to reduce overall fleet costs and maximize the readiness of all Airport rolling stock.
• Participating in emergency and disaster planning and response to identify potential emergency responses.
• Formulating policy; assisting in the preparation and administration of department operating and capital budgets; establish infrastructure management standards; assist the Vice President in establishing personnel standards and policies in ETAM.
• Directing the development of technical specifications in support of contracted maintenance resources; liaises with stakeholder Airport departments to ensure customer service needs are anticipated and provided for.
• Responsible for directing and participating in the review of complex bid responses, contracts, procurement, management, and Airport and airfield Airport infrastructure maintenance.
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field.
• Seven (7) years of experience managing maintenance operations and/or construction projects at medium or large Airports or Airfields.
• Five (5) years of direct supervisory experience.
• Any equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience in Airfield may be substituted for the above.
• Registered Professional Engineer or AAAE Certification
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Master’s degree in engineering or related field.
• Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations applicable to airport operations
• In-depth mid to large airport operational experience
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.