As the Assistant Vice President of Safety and Leave Administration, you will assist in the establishment of appropriate processes, programs, and practices to prevent or mitigate risks in order to minimize financial impact to the airport and to protect its assets. In this role, you will be directly responsible for the performance delivery of the Safety and Leave Management functions, which includes Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers compensation, and short-term disability. Under the general direction of the Vice President, Risk Management will lead the development and implementation of safety and leave management programs to support the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
Transform travel with us at DFW International Airport.
What you will be doing:
• Lead the cultivation and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders and business partners on risk management exposure issues and implement innovative strategic risk management services and solutions.
• Support the VP of Risk in the development, implementation and evolution of the Airport’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework and be responsible for the overall facilitation and promotion of the ERM process and provisions of risk management delivery support.
• Design, deliver and maintain education training and awareness programs in support of the Airport’s ERM initiatives.
• Manage all Safety Assessment and leave administration activities and leverage relationships to ensure that audit action items are closed in a timely manner.
• Assist with the review of the comprehensive insurance program for the Airport that includes the solicitation and renewal of coverages involving areas such as: all risk property, general liability, environmental impairment liability, public official liability, PFIC director and officer’s liability, fiduciary liability, auto liability, health insurance stop loss, ambassador accident coverage, custom bonds, crime/fidelity, excess workers’ compensation liability.
• Recommend and administer Risk Management policies and procedures around health, safety, and leave administration.
• Provide oversight to the claims management systems and process to ensure that claims are appropriately and proactively managed
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Legal, Safety, Engineering, Finance, or another related field.
• Eight (8) years of experience with a strong focus in safety and leave management programs.
• Six (6) years of progressively responsible management experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
• Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
• Master’s degree
• Certified Safety Professional
• Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
• Certified Risk Professional® Program (CRP)
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.