Under the general direction of the Financial Planning Manager, performs day-to-day financial operational functions for specific departments and works to improve communications between Financial and Business Planning and business units on financial matters. Develops and prepares financial reports. The Departmental Controller is the primary "business partner" and liaison between Finance and the Departments.
What you will be doing:
- Directs specific departmental activities regarding the adherence to Airport accounting, budgeting, and continuous forecasting standards, and processes; makes recommendations to improve departmental management of financial and operational processes, and serves as the primary liaison between Finance, Financial and Business Planning, and the department on financial and business matters.
- Prepares departmental Operation & Maintenance (O&M) and revenue annual budgets and continuous forecasts for review and action by senior management.
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial/operational processes such as researching and recommending solutions to accounting issues, making accruals, monitoring contracts, coding payments, requesting checks, etc.
- Provides advice and guidance to departmental management on complex issues related to financial, business, process improvement, and accounting issues.
- Presents findings and recommendations concerning financial, accounting, and business issues to the Assistant Vice President of Business Financial Planning and other department Vice Presidents.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting, variance analysis and ad-hoc reporting
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
- Five (5) years progressive business analysis/finance experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) accounting rules and financial concepts such as Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Advanced knowledge of ERP financial applications systems such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Experience in both municipal/governmental and private sector environments.
- MBA & CPA
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.