Under the general direction of the Projects Control Manager, the Digital Facilities & Infrastructure (DFI) Manager assists in developing and implementing industry accepted standards, processes and procedures for Digital Facilities and Infrastructure (DFI) applications and services used in facility and infrastructure data modeling and data distribution activities. Digital Facilities and Infrastructure includes Building Information Modeling (BIM), Civil Information Modeling (CIM), Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), and Asset Management (AM).
What you will be doing:
- Sets performance standards for the Board, Division, and ensures operations achieve or exceed performance metrics. Defines the scope & requirements for each project and establishes governance to ensure deliverables are compliant.
- Assists in the development and management of DFI standards for design, construction, commissioning, maintenance and operations at DFW.
- Establishes DFI roadmap, process, process implementation and management.
- Consults with users, management, vendors and other DFI staff to determine needs and system requirements. Provides direction and support to designers and contractors for integration of the program's DFI policy.
- Works with project teams to integrate DFI into the Department's Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) process in order to more clearly communicate information.
- Performs collection and analysis from survey related data for integration into DFI applications and GIS.
- Monitors and guides the model advancement and utilization process from initial/conceptual design phase through design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance.
- Works with IT to establish equipment and technology requirements to perform DFI work.
- Assists in the development of a training plan to familiarize DFW staff with the basics of DFI applications.
- Works with project teams to integrate submittals, manufacturer's data and as-built information into the BIM/CIM model to enhance the model's Facilities Management capabilities.
- Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities for DFI application use.
- Provides DFI system/model support with the incorporation of IOT Sensors and future development of digital twin.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and responsibility.
- Liaison for DFI progress and communications.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, opportunities, and challenges.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in, Computer Aided Design (CAD) or Survey.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport- one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.