Under general supervision of the Skylink Control Center Superintendent, performs customer service functions for the Skylink system to ensure Skylink system serviceability. Routinely evaluates service delivery performance of the maintenance contractor to Airport customers, develops and maintains section standardized operations procedures, administers Control Center training program, and provides direct interaction with Skylink customers through communication and formal tours.
What you will be doing:
- Responds to inquiries from the Control Center, manager and/or superintendent regarding maintenance services and activities.
- Plans, develops, and conducts research programs and surveys for the operation of the Skylink system identifying and implementing necessary improvements and correcting inefficiencies.
- Receives customer suggestions, complaints and/or dissatisfaction reports and responds via telephone, in person or by electronic mail.
- Plans, coordinates, schedules and/or conducts tours of the Skylink system.
- Assists the Public Affairs Department's efforts to communicate and inform the airport and community of the benefits of Skylink.
- Receives information, interprets, and compiles data, produces and distributes daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports as required.
- Identifies and assists management in analysis in high contract hour action areas and trends and deviations from schedules and standards.
- Performs duties of a Central Control Operator as needed.
- Participates in project teams involved in Skylink Maintenance productivity and performance studies and standards.
- Rides on board Skylink vehicles and inspect stations to evaluate vehicle performance, cleanliness, or condition of platform stations, and related system equipment.
- Assists the Environmental Affairs Department in performing field observations of Airport activities with respect to potential environmental issues and notifies the Environmental Affairs Department of any observations that may have environmental impact.
- Assists the Marketing departments by installing commercial devices to enhance revenue opportunities and provide system and facility tours.
- Coordinates with Risk Management Department on accidents, casualties, or loss involving Skylink operations and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain the Skylink Services business unit Records Retention Policy.
What you need:
- Associate's degree in business, electronics or related field.
- Four (4) years' experience operating or maintaining electro-mechanical systems in a real-time transportation environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance scheduling practices and principles.
- Knowledge of personal computers, computerized systems that organize, maintain, and retrieve a wide variety of data.
- Knowledge of practices necessary to perform computations, analyses, and studies and to compile sufficient data and statistics to reach appropriate conclusions and judgments.
- Knowledge of electromechanical and electronic concepts.
- Familiarity with APM systems and their operation.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment such as computers or facsimile and application programs such as excel and word.
- Concentration skills to crosscheck data prior to entry into automated systems and to verify the integrity of data output.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, by telephone, radio, in writing and electronically to provide high levels of customer service and information.
- Ability to perform analysis and recommend courses of action based on independent research.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to develop and maintain reports using automated systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to make changes in audio and graphic displays on vehicles and at stations.
- Ability to pass a color vision deficiency test.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose