Looking to start or grow your career in procurement? You will have an array of responsibilities ranging from soliciting and evaluating bids and proposals to managing a sophisticated supplier database, this specialist orchestrates the intricate dance of procurement. They safeguard sealed bids and proposals, oversee document and data management using an online repository, and craft the essential PMM Official Board Actions. Collaboration is your forte, resolving discrepancies, and providing vital documentation to Legal, Audit, and Open Records Requests. As the guardian of records and master of details, the Purchasing Specialist ensures that procurement operations remain seamless and compliant with strategic objectives, adding a touch of excitement through special projects in this behind-the-scenes role.
What you will be doing:
- Provides assistance in the solicitation process following procurement plans including: developing and scheduling legal advertisements; posting solicitation information and uploading documents to the DFW Airport Board website; generating a list of potential suppliers from the Board's supplier database and external sources from the industry; generating notifications to potential suppliers.
- Helps in the bid acceptance process including receiving and time-stamping bids and proposals; documenting bids and proposals received and storing bids in a safe location until bid opening time; attending public bid openings and documenting the bid opening proceedings.
- Aids in the bid evaluation process including creating complex bid tabulations spreadsheets and entering bidder information and pricing for accurate bid evaluation totals.
- Manages the DFW Airport Board's automated supplier database, providing on-line support for supplier registration, user access, tax document and business information updates.
- Reviews and enters contract information into the Oracle database, including new contracts, change orders, delivery orders, and contract funding; interfaces with other Board staff to resolve discrepancies.
- Manages all contract documents including proper organization, maintenance, and safekeeping of records; scanning and uploading contract documents into an online repository; provide copies of documents to others as required; properly prepare closed contract files for storage, retention, and eventual destruction.
- Interfaces with other Board Staff, including Legal and the Board Secretary in the creation and coordination of Official Board Actions and the review of Workforce Composition Forms and Business Disclosure Forms.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- College coursework in finance, business, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible purchasing or administrative experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Oracle Fusion or other ERP System experience
- Enterprise Content Management Tool Experience.
- Knowledge of public purchasing and contract funding procedures and requirements
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.