As the Assistant Vice President of Design and Construction Management, you will be responsible for supervising directly or indirectly through subordinate section heads ensuring management systems provide the required control to accomplish the successful execution of all design and construction related activities for the Airport's capital programs. In this role, your work will involve extensive contact and coordination with Airport Board staff, consultants, contractors, and community interests. Under general direction of the Vice President Design, Code and Construction, you will plan, organize, supervise, and administer the design and construction of facilities and infrastructure in fulfillment of Airport capital programs.
Transform travel with us at DFW International Airport.
What you will be doing:
- Direct multi-discipline teams of Board staff consults and contractors in the design, construction, and closeout of building and Infrastructure projects in fulfillment of Airport capital programs to ensure maximum benefit for the Airport Board.
- Assist the Vice President and other departmental Assistant Vice Presidents with establishment, review and revision of departmental governance and guidelines.
- Work closely with various departments on Board-wide matters such as capital programs, project lifecycle management, grant administration, design criteria, and code compliance.
- Participate directly and indirectly in administrative matters such as budget development and management; human resource management including selection, training, and performance management; establishment of information and documentation requirements, and development and implementation of departmental procedures.
- Manage the development of written recommendations (Official Board Actions) and reports for Board Committees; plan and schedule activities to meet the demands of the monthly Board cycle.
- Interact with airlines, airport tenants, the Federal Aviation Administration, city, state and federal agencies and community interest representatives concerning airport planning, design and construction activities and related matters.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management/science or related field.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design and/or construction of major facilities or infrastructure capital projects.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Valid Texas registration as a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect or ability to secure a Texas registration through reciprocity within six months of employment.
- Knowledge of the commercial aviation industry and the laws, rules and regulations governing air transportation.
- Both public and private sector experience in the management of capital development programs.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.