Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join the team at DFW Airport as a SkyLink Control Center Operator? This role requires an individual with the technical skills and expertise to analyze overall system performance and service level requirements, as well as the ability to effectively respond to real or potential emergencies. As a SkyLink Control Center Operator, you would be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting airline, TSA and concessionaire employees as well as the traveling public between terminals. You will also use your independent judgment to provide customer service support through real-time APM system operations and crisis management. Not only that, you will also become familiar with the basics of DFW Airport's Environmental Management System & Environmental Policy! If you're up for this exciting role, you must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, have 3 years of experience with console control systems in a real-time environment, and have a valid Class C driver's license. Do you have what it takes to join the team? Apply today to become the next SkyLink Control Center Operator at DFW Airport!
What you will be doing:
- Analyzes real time information and controls overall SkyLink operation by correcting or circumventing problems through computer command keyboard input and/or by directing and dispatching maintenance personnel in response to operational needs.
- Analyzes all available data to determine need and declares state of alert or emergency, closes or restores the SkyLink system and briefs applicable Airport Board, SkyLink maintenance and airline personnel on the status of the system.
- Directs response personnel during abnormal or emergency operations in a life safety environment to appropriate locations.
- Analyzes and directs transportation service levels, adjusts SkyLink route loading to meet demand of schedule, airline forecast or real time observation; analyzes service impact, then directs and implements alternative service modes.
- Maintains Airport security by implementing Breach of Security violation plan in compliance with Airport Board, TSA and Section Policies and Procedures.
- Directs Department of Public Safety (DPS) personnel to life-safety emergency locations, or for Skylink security issues.
- Assimilates and disseminates weather information critical to the safety and operation of the SkyLink system and declares SkyLink weather alerts and or emergencies.
- Takes part in training, re-training, and examinations of themselves and other employees as required by the Control Center qualification program.
- Assists with the investigation of accidents, incidents, events and passenger inconveniences, and assists to resolve system user complaints of passengers and tenants; assists the traveling public through various customer service function
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience with console control systems in a real-time environment. Examples may include (but are not limited to) Airport Operations Centers, Rail, Public Transit or Public Safety dispatch or Government/Military operations facilities.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Ability to pass the required training established by the department and maintain proficiency through routinely passing prescribed tests.
- Ability to work shifts, including nights and weekends.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport--one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.