As the Sr. Communications Manager, you will develop and execute strategic communications plans for internal and external audiences. This includes media strategy, public-facing events and other methods of communicating and promoting the Airport's key messages as they align with DFW's Strategic Plan to expand and improve the reputation of DFW amongst all audiences as well as foster engagement among employees.
What you will be doing:
- Conceiving and developing internal and external strategic communications plans and programs specific to construction and capital development, outlining goals, key audiences, stakeholders, objectives, recommended channels, expected results, metrics for success and timelines for corporate initiatives, advancing DFW Airport's reputation and engagement with employees, customers, stakeholders, business partners and Tier One media around the world.
- Collaborating within the department and across the airport to develop and execute communications plans that reach the appropriate audiences in a coordinated fashion through multiple owned, earned and paid channels.
- Managing, tracking and reporting on the progress of multiple, complex, simultaneous capital projects and makes plans and recommendations for communicating progress, milestones and completion.
- Conceiving and developing internal and external strategic communications plans and programs, outlining goals, key audiences, stakeholders, objectives, recommended channels, expected results, metrics for success and timelines for corporate initiatives, advancing DFW Airport's reputation and engagement with employees, customers, stakeholders, business partners and Tier One media around the world.
- Drafting and editing speeches, presentations, news releases, social media content, internal communications content, and other communications assets as assigned.
- Performing duties as an Airport spokesperson for construction projects as assigned, or assists in the preparedness of other Airport executives or subject matter experts for media appearances.
- Managing and directing outside vendors, including budget, deliverables and deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, customers and stakeholders, including Board members, community partners and media.
- Collaborating with other department leaders to provide proactive leadership, developing direct reports and others in the department to refine and enhance communications and marketing tactics that strengthen DFW Airport's reputation within the industry, the surrounding communities and around the world.
- Prioritizing, drafting copy, conceptualizing creative content, social media content and other communications assets as assigned.
- Assisting in preparing emergency communications plans and content related to construction and capital work.
- Working closely with Marketing functions to develop and execute cohesive branding to all construction communications.
- Leveraging new and emerging tools to enhance public communications, such as CRM and internal employee communications platforms.
- Directing and implementing internal communication plans and leading the day-to-day internal communications strategies, including the development of DFW's intranet, digital signs, executive communications, emails, and other channels for employees.
- Collaborating with other department leaders to provide proactive leadership, developing direct reports and others in the department to refine and enhance internal communications tactics that strengthen DFW Airport's reputation.
- Drafting and editing internal presentations, all internal communications content and other communications as assigned such as Town Hall events.
- Maintaining, updating, and implementing the Airport's internal communications policies.
- Developing strategic internal communications and plans and programs, outlining goals, for the DFW Airport workforce. The role will recommend channels, expected results, metrics for success and timelines for corporate initiatives, advancing DFW Airport's reputation and engagement with employees.
- Overseeing video script and production as part of "storytelling to employees" with all available video assets.
- Leading, refining, and playing an active role in crisis planning and response, providing 24/7 support with a focus on employee communications.
- Managing corporate communications initiatives as assigned.
- Directing and implementing external communication plans and leading the day-to-day media relations, acting as a spokesperson.
- Leading, developing and refining the Airport's crisis communications planning and response, coordinating messaging and content through all owned, earned and paid channels to protect and promote the Airport's brand to all audiences. On-call 24/7 for activations of the Emergency Operations Center, leading the efforts for all internal and external communications.
- Developing external communications strategies, with an emphasis on reaching local, national and international audiences through owned and earned channels.
- Maintaining, updating and implementing the Airport's media relations and crisis communications plans.
- Establishing relationships with local, national and international media to enhance the reputation of the Airport through proactive and reactive news stories.
- Overseeing and leveraging the management of key media partnerships and media relations.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in journalism, corporate communications, public relations, marketing, or related field with responsibility for managing strategic internal and/or external communication, developing communication programs and producing and supervising corporate annual reports and other publications.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Experience in construction communications.
- Experience working with contractors, airlines, airports or other business entities in a complex environment.
- Ability to write and speak Spanish.
- Familiarity with SharePoint as an intranet platform.
- Airline, airport or aviation experience preferred.
- Previous experience with large-scale capital programs or construction projects in a communications capacity.
- Graphic design, photography or video skills.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport--one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.