Under the general direction of the Contracts Manager, prepares, administers, and coordinates contracts and is the liaison and primary contact between assigned DFW Business Unit(s) and Contract Administrator(s) in interpreting and complying with airport policies and applicable Procurement Laws. This position will work to improve communication between the Procurement and Materials Management department and other DFW Business Units.
What you will be doing:
- Provides technical guidance, direction, and assistance to assigned DFW Board Department(s); advises Board staff and contractor or consults with project managers of potential solicitation and contractual challenges and provides contract interpretation.
- Performs contract administration work. Reviews work performed by other Contract Administrators for accuracy and conformance to contracting and regulatory procedures; provides contract and regulatory related training to other Contract Administrators, Board staff, contractors, and consultants. Responsible for oversight of all Contracts for their assigned departments, this includes ensuring Contracts are adequately funded, properly planned for replacement and renewal contracts including transition plans. Also lead Procurement 101 training as required for assigned departments.
- Provides advice, guidance and support on procurement plans, contract solicitations, sourcing and specification development, bid/proposal evaluation process, development, and administration of contracts, negotiating terms and conditions, managing, and facilitating contract execution, writing Notice to Proceed, ensuring compliance with contract provisions, negotiating, and writing change orders and overseeing contract closeout to ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
- Consults with assigned DFW Board Department(s) to clarify need and intended use of requested products/services and examines alternative procurement methods.
- Ensures compliance with commercial or business aspects of work (i.e., wage rates, bond, and insurance requirements) in conjunction with applicable departments.
- Writes, coordinates, and proofreads Official Board Actions for assigned DFW Board Department(s) including the coordination and review of Business Disclosure Forms with the Legal Department. May lead assigned monthly OBA Review meetings and responsible for review and approval from AVP on OBA PMM required documentation.
- Provides professional-level consulting services to assigned DFW Business Unit(s) and supports them in meeting their strategic initiatives through their people.
- Presents findings and recommendations concerning procurement and materials management issues to Assistant Vice President, Procurement and Materials Management, or Vice President, Procurement and Materials Management and other DFW Board management, as appropriate.
What you need:
What we desire:
- Certified professional purchasing certification.
- Master's degree in business, supply chain management, public administration, or another related field.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and practices, electronic systems, national standards, and applicable associations such as ANSI, NFPA, AST, and ASA.
- Oracle Fusion experience.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.