Reporting to the Airside Operations Safety Manager under general supervision, performs work that is varied and moderately complex requiring analysis, integration, creativity, and latitude for independent judgment within the DFW Safety Management System (SMS) program. This position supports the organization in pursuit of a Safe and Secure culture by performing professional-level work associated with design, development, and implementation of the DFW SMS program. The position will focus on the prevention of runway incursions, surface incidents, accidents, and injuries; manage the Safety Risk Management (SRM) and Safety Assurance (SA) processes; prepare reports and develop media and other communications to disseminate safety information and procedural best practices throughout the organization and the airport community.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the Safety Risk Management (SRM) and Safety Assurance (SA) processes within the SMS program, to include hazard identification, performance data collection, Safety Risk Assessments, and risk mitigation components, with minimal oversight from the Airside Operations Safety Manager
- Manage the SMS hazard identification process in collaboration with DFW's Origami, See Say Airport and future Data Sharing and Reporting (DSR) Plans
- Direct and monitor airside (Non-Movement Area) safety inspections, in coordination with Airfield Operations, Environmental, and any other necessary departments, addressing overall compliance, to include coordination and remediation with all relevant stakeholders
- Conduct and lead investigations, when necessary, into runway incursions, surface incidents, personnel injuries, vehicle accidents and damage to infrastructure events. Responsible for after-action report and managing corrective action follow-up. Provide information and reports to senior management as required.
- Compile and analyze safety data for trend analysis of incidents and accidents to support development of SMS training programs, determine appropriate mitigation and prevention techniques, and offer recommendations on process improvement
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in safety administration, aviation administration, or related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in safety program participation, application of Safety Management System (SMS) programs and/or operational airport experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
The annual base salary range for this position is $73,000 - $94,900.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees. Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.