Under general direction of the Airfield Operations Officer, conducts FAR 139 compliance inspections of runways, taxiways, ramps, and the safety areas; performs escorts of vehicles and equipment within the Air Operations Area (AOA) of the airport in a safe and efficient manner; monitors vehicular activity within the AOA for compliance with FAA and Airport rules and regulations; monitors, inspects, and reports unsafe conditions in and around AOA including non-movement areas and construction sites; monitors and facilitates communications within the Airport Operations Department.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct ramp observations remove Foreign Object Damage (FOD), document discrepancies, meet with Stakeholders to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Monitors two-way radio communications using Airport Board and FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) radio frequencies; coordinates vehicular movement within the AOA via FAA ATC radio frequencies when necessary; communicates with various airport and Airport Board personnel via radio, phone, or in person.
- Conducts regular inspections of the Air Operations Area (airfield runways, taxiways, lighting, and security) as may be necessary to ensure compliance with FAR 139. Assists with safety, security and wildlife inspections; reports unsafe, hazardous, and threatening conditions to his/her supervisor, and/or the proper authority.
- Operates Board computer or iPad or smartphone in vehicle to compile data and reports during field work.
- Assists with closing and opening portions of the airfield as necessary to ensure a safe and efficient airfield operation.
- Documents reportable incidents on assigned shift, compiles data, inspection records and other information into routine and special reports as necessary.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of airfield experience in one (1) or more of the following areas:
- Aircraft/flight line
- Airport operations at a small, medium or large hub airport
- Air Traffic Control Tower operator
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees. Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.