Facilities & Systems, plans, organizes, directs, supervises, and coordinates the activities and personnel, including contractor and Board staff, in the Energy Transportation & Asset Management Department. Responsible for the development and planning for all building repair, maintenance, and building automation activities in the business unit. Responsible for contract management of various contracts around the airport. Makes engineering recommendations for airport assets.
What you will be doing:
- Oversees maintenance management performed by multiple contractors for operation and maintenance of buildings, structures, systems and equipment.
- Plans, directs, organizes, assigns, supervises, and coordinates personnel, both Board staff and contractor, engaged in light construction, alteration, maintenance and repair of all building, structures, systems and equipment assigned to the business unit.
- Formulates and implements strategies for providing responsive customer services to stakeholders; monitors and controls the level of customer service provided by staff.
- Participates in the development of facilities maintenance contracts; reviews bid specifications for facilities contractors and reviews submittals to ensure contractors meet specifications; evaluates pricing.
- Manages contracts, inventory and maintenance through airport and contractor's staff through Sustainable Enterprise Airport Maintenance System (SEAMS) to ensure effective execution of Airport asset life cycle maintenance program.
- Understands and evaluates internal/external customer requests and engineering proposals recommending modifications and changes as appropriate.
- Initiates plans to promote employee engagement to achieve work goals; adjusts work procedures to increase efficiency; enforces safety regulations.
- Consults with the Assistant Vice President for Facilities & Systems to recommend policies related to facilities management; interprets departmental policies to assigned staff and contractors.
- Reviews and interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders; maintains communication with contractors to ensure expected level of performance established in the contract specifications are adhered to.
- Supervises Quality Control activities; establishes priorities; inspects the work of outside contractors and recommends acceptance or rejection to ensure quality standards are consistently achieved.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in industrial, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering, business, finance, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in facilities, business or customer service management services including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license
What we desire:
- Former contract compliance experience.
- Quality assurance experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of airport and terminal operations.
- Knowledge of Airport terminal facility systems, including baggage carousels, conveyance systems, general building electrical and mechanical systems, jet-bridges, and general building maintenance, cleaning, landscaping, and roadway systems.
- Advanced degree in engineering management or business administration.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.