Under the direction of the Manager, Industrial Engineering collects, edits, processes, and coordinates research data in support of industrial engineer projects. Records research data in accordance with specified protocol and procedures. Assists with the design, analysis, and optimization of business systems to drive change and improved business results.
What you will be doing:
- Applies knowledge of Industrial Engineering, continuous improvement/quality assurance, and various analytical techniques (e.g., statistics, root cause analysis) to assist in solving complex business problems.
- Designs data collection spreadsheets and tools depending on developed methodologies.
- Collects and records data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- Verifies data in accordance with specified research protocol and enters data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
- Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Applies computer skills at a broad level, including spreadsheets, databases, graphical presentation applications and can oversee development of models using advanced analytical tools (e.g., SAS, @Risk, Solver, Arena, Distribution fitting, VBA, Linear Programming, etc.).
- Support the development of presentations that provides concise and actionable insights.
- Assists with recruiting, onboarding, and supervision of part-time Field Researchers
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
What you need:
- Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et. Al. and DFW Airport's Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
- Ability to obtain Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (CBP) security access clearance within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for CBP security access clearance upon each CBP security access renewal.
- This is a designated essential employee position as defined in the Categories and Classifications of Employees Policy of the Airport Administrative Policy and Procedure. This is defined as an employee whose attendance is required to maintain airport operations during an emergency or inclement weather situation.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.