Provides technical and project management support for all facets of the Airport's water and wastewater utility operations. Identifies opportunities and facilitates implementation of projects, initiatives and programs that reduce utility consumption, demand and cost. Plans and conducts infrastructure assessments of the Airport's water and wastewater systems to ensure proper life cycle maintenance and compliance with regulatory and utility code requirements, uses engineering principles and appropriate management practices to coordinate and manage the activities of contractors and consultants involved in performing infrastructure assessments, studies and/or the development of renewal projects.
What you will be doing:
- Applies engineering principles and practices to the planning, design, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
- Performs professional assessments of the condition of Airport water and wastewater infrastructure systems and prepares long-range plans for maintenance, repair and renewal.
- Assists staff in the proper maintenance and operation of utility systems through training, development of maintenance programs and technical assistance in analyzing and solving problems.
- Investigates and recommends appropriate action for utility system failures, abnormal maintenance requirements, and for the applicability of new materials, equipment, and techniques for maintenance applications.
- Assists in developing guidelines, standards, and evaluation criteria to manage capital improvement projects and ensure their compliance with accepted practice and Airport codes.
- Responsible for overall delivery of assigned projects within approved cost, schedule, and quality guidelines.
- Prepares or coordinates personnel, including contractors and consultants, in the preparation of designs, plans, specifications, engineering studies and reports; collects and assimilates data and prepares programming documents for the Capital Improvement and Major Maintenance program.
- Reviews and analyzes technical aspects of designs, bids and proposals and monitors project progression from design to completion and closeout.
- Prepares statements of work, selection criteria and evaluation procedures for engineering consultants.
- Performs other duties directly and indirectly related to infrastructure management as may be required.
- Maintains and updates water and wastewater system hydraulic modeling databases and plans.
- Coordinates with other Departments on studies, evaluation, planning, and design for expansion of the Airport's water and wastewater systems.
- Reviews and updates water and wastewater system code, design, and operating criteria.
- Serves as the Airport's Water Conservation Coordinator.
- Updates and maintains the Airport's Water Conservation and Drought Emergency Plans.
- Analyzes and monitors utility budgets, consumption, and savings.
- Develops metrics and maintains records of performance in meeting conservation goals.
- Provides expert advice and technical support to Airport Board and Tenant staff on utility related matters.
- Conducts water audits on Airport Board and Tenant facilities to identify water conservation and cost saving opportunities.
- Evaluates water and wastewater technologies for potential application in Airport operations.
- Implements and administers policies and procedures for commissioning and retro-commissioning of infrastructure assets.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Five (5) years of experience in water and/or wastewater utility engineering, operations, or management.
- Obtain a Professional Engineer's license in the State of Texas within two years of employment, if not currently licensed.
- Engineering analysis, and operation/maintenance of Water Distribution, Sanitary Sewer, and Reclaimed Water Systems
- Experience in Software Models: WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS by Bentley or hydraulic modeling
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license
- TCEQ A or B Water and/or Wastewater Certification(s).
- Familiarity with and ability to use MicroStation.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.