Under general direction of the Planning Manager, participates in short and long-range airport planning efforts pertaining to all aspect of the airport; airfield/airspace, facility development, land-use, commercial development, infrastructure, and studies to optimize airport related processes, operations, and facilities. Will be required to apply Airport Planning principles to analyze and strategic plan components of Airport development in support of the Airport's Strategic Growth and Business Plan. Provides documentation, as required, for the administration and execution of each project (i.e. CIP funding documents, Official Board Actions, Work Authorizations, reports, presentations, etc.). Additionally, responsible for directing and managing in-house planning studies and overseeing management of consultant planning studies, as well as, representing the Airport on planning related matters. May coordinate projects with, and/or serve as, the Airport liaison to local, state and federal agencies (FAA, NASA, TxDOT, NCTCOG, DART, TEXRAIL, Owner City and Host City planning departments, etc.).
What you will be doing:
- Analyzes airport roadway access, terminal curbsides, and parking facilities. Reviews capacity of these components and identifies opportunities for improvements and/or the need to expand infrastructure and facilities.
- Manages traffic simulation efforts led by consultants.
- Develops planning ideas and conceptual plans to address short- and long-term planning needs in compliance with DFW and Texas Department of Transportation standards.
- Reviews and coordinates the implementation of enhancement projects (e.g. parking garage guidance system, pedestrian crossing enhancements, etc.).
- Develops work plans, and utilizes strategic thinking to provide innovative, sustainable solutions to Airport's planning needs.
- Participates in the development and preparation of updates to the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan.
- Leads and develops business cases for projects in support of the Airport's capital improvement program.
- Identifies Airport process improvements using detailed analytical simulation, modeling, and optimization.
- Analyzes Airport Board and tenant-initiated projects to ensure compatibility with the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan, and generally accepted industry standards.
- Oversees consultants conducting short- and long-range airport planning studies; develops supervises, and monitors study progress.
- Drafts submittals, letters, position papers and reports related to planning projects.
- Produces and facilitates required documentation for Federal/State Grants and Project Funding requests for both internal and external agencies.
- Works in an office environment, periodically performing field inspections such as making analysis of various facilities.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautics, Business Aviation Administration, Aviation Planning, Transportation Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of professional-level experience in relevant planning activities.
- Three (3) years of experience in a coordinating or lead position.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for- year basis.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.