Under general direction of the Planning Manager, participates in short and long-range airport planning efforts pertaining to all aspect of the airport; airfield/airspace, facility development, land-use, commercial development, infrastructure, and studies to optimize airport related processes, operations, and facilities. Will be required to apply Airport Planning principles to analyze and strategic plan components of Airport development in support of the Airport's Strategic Growth and Business Plan. Provides documentation, as required, for the administration and execution of each project (i.e. CIP funding documents, Official Board Actions, Work Authorizations, reports, presentations, etc.). Additionally, responsible for directing and managing in-house planning studies and overseeing management of consultant planning studies, as well as, representing the Airport on planning related matters. May coordinate projects with, and/or serve as, the Airport liaison to local, state and federal agencies (FAA, NASA, TxDOT, NCTCOG, DART, TEXRAIL, Owner City and Host City planning departments, etc.).
What you will be doing:
- Airfield and Airspace Planning in compliance with FAA design standards and guidance.
- Understanding of aircraft, airline, and airport operations necessary to support airfield and airspace planning initiatives.
- Provide planning capability to assess compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) design standards compliance for projects encompassing runways, taxiways, aircraft aprons and ramps, navigational aids, airspace and to a lesser extent local zoning.
- Supports the Planning department with addressing short-term airfield and airspace related planning needs, including aircraft parking and maneuvering within the terminal areas.
- Collaborates with air traffic control personnel on assessing operational or airfield improvements that facilitate or enhance aircraft circulation and movements, promoting efficiency or incremental capacity benefits for DFW's airfield.
- Produces airfield drawings with AutoCAD and or AviPLAN software for operational analysis.
- Participates in the development and preparation of updates to the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan.
- Oversees consultants conducting short- and long-range airport planning studies; develops schedules, supervises, and monitors study progress.
- Drafts submittals, letters, position papers and reports related to planning projects.
- Produces and facilitates required documentation for Federal/State Grants and Project Funding requests for both internal and external agencies.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautics, Business Aviation Administration, Aviation Planning, Transportation Planning, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of professional-level experience in relevant planning activities.
- Three (3) years of experience in a coordinating or lead position.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.