Are you passionate about data governance and interested in how it shapes business decisions and strategies? DFW Airport is thrilled to announce a 10-week summer internship opportunity within our Enterprise Analytics Department, focusing on Data Governance with a special emphasis on metadata management and data cataloging. As a Data Governance Summer Intern, you will engage in a range of projects to enhance our data architecture, utilizing tools like SQL, Snowflake, and our data catalog in Informatica. If you have a keen interest in data governance and are eager to apply your knowledge in a practical setting, we encourage you to apply today!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with data governance professionals to manage and improve our data catalog and metadata.
- Engage in the application of SQL and Snowflake to ensure effective metadata management practices.
- Deliver written, oral, and electronic presentations to management staff, demonstrating your work and findings.
- Participate in professional development activities to gain practical experience in data governance and its application in solving business problems.
- Work on project assignments that contribute to the development and optimization of our data cataloging efforts.
What you need:
- Must be actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university, related to data science, information technology, computer science, or a related field with a focus on data governance, databases, and data warehousing.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and familiarity with data catalog tools (experience with Snowflake and Informatica is a plus).
- Strong interest in data governance, metadata management, and data architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex data concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Three (3) letters of reference including at least one (1) from the candidate's academic advisor.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license.
- 18 years of age or older.
What we desire:
- Current, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from one of the following universities (University of North Texas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of Texas at Dallas, Paul Quinn College, or University of Oklahoma)
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport, one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position at this time.