Are you ready to be at the heart of airport concession excellence, then join us as an Airport Concessions Business Unit Manager. You'll be the linchpin in ensuring our terminal concessionaires and rental car tenants meet their contractual obligations, making the traveler experience at DFW Airport the best it can be. From overseeing compliance to managing innovative customer experience initiatives, you'll play a crucial role in our rental car, retail, food & beverage, and passenger services. If you have a background in contract administration, project development, and a passion for customer service, we invite you to contribute to our mission of delivering exceptional airport experiences. Join us and make your mark on the journey of millions.
What you will be doing:
- Provides a central point of communication for assigned concession agreements to include RAC Tenants. Verifies Official Board Actions (OBAs), to include RAC Board Actions, informs and follow-ups with managers and senior leaders to ensure that documents are processed accordingly.
- Analyzes complex contracts to establish a plan to review and verify concessionaire compliance with contract provisions such as rental payments, insurance, sales reports, financial bonds, street pricing, store standards, and other contractual provisions as needed. Assists in resolving and responding to audit findings.
- Collaborates on projects that support the department's initiatives, including space planning; evaluates floor plans based on user needs and airport established standards and requirements to support on-going program and project developments.
- Researches best practices from the aviation and other customer-centric industries and incorporates and/or improves these concepts into actionable projects for DFW Airport. Develops presentations, collateral materials, reports, metrics and presents to senior leadership and RAC Operators and leadership.
- Leads and manages customer experience innovation and improvements for projects and initiatives related to infrastructure and technology aspects that have a direct customer impact airport wide. Reviews trends on customer satisfaction from existing surveys at DFW Airport and proposes solutions to reverse any negative trends as well as initiatives to further elevate the experience.
- Reviews lease exhibits, area calculations, and supports Tenant Project Managers in tenant construction/renovation projects in the terminals and rental car center. Coordinates with Tenant Project Managers on departmental projects related to assigned retail, food & beverage, vending, and passenger service location improvements and/or relocation programs including assistance with space planning, project rollouts, scheduling, and project management.
- Works with Tenant Project Managers and assigned concessionaires to implement business development initiatives, hardware, and special exhibits, to include facilitating and coordinating capital projects at the RAC. Partners with multiple departments to include Planning, Commercial Development, Design Code and Construction, and outside contractors.
- Coordinates with other Customer Experience teams and other Airport departments to ensure mutual efforts toward compliance. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Interprets research, writes reports and action plans that address current opportunities; through consumer research, identifies trends for enhanced revenue and customer experience, prepares presentations in support of projects defined by Concessions Manager.
- Coordinates approval and production with Concessions Manager for various retail, food & beverage, vending, passenger service, advertising concessionaire, and RAC tenants. Assists Concessions Manager and collaborates interdepartmentally on concession fee allocation, rental car facility passenger fee allocation, and capital project planning, coordination, and management.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of terminal concessions and RAC and coordinates quarterly meetings between DFW Board Staff and RAC tenants, and annual meetings with concessionaires. Reviews planning and statistical reports on each submittal for approval.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, public administration, business administration or a related field.
- Five (5) years of responsible experience project development, consumer research, marketing or administering and interpreting contracts and the payment provisions thereof.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- One (1) year of experience as a supervisor or team lead.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.