We're seeking a detail-oriented Land Survey Instrument Operator to join our team and play a crucial role in gathering accurate survey data. If you have a passion for precision and enjoy working with surveying equipment, this position is perfect for you!
What you will be doing:
- Survey Data Collection: Use both manual and electronic surveying equipment to collect and record raw survey field data in adherence to established standards and the guidance of the Survey Manager.
- Equipment Operation and Maintenance: Operate and maintain total stations, theodolites, EDMs, data collectors, levels, and other survey equipment to ensure accuracy and functionality.
- Data Accuracy Verification: Review and verify the accuracy of raw survey information to maintain precision and reliability.
- Mathematical Calculations: Perform mathematical calculations to determine distances, angles, elevations, grades, arcs, and curves. Make sketches, drawings, and record field observations to support surveys.
- Data Compilation: Collect, compile, and reduce raw survey field data to create comprehensive survey records.
- Comparison of As-Built Data: Compare relevant as-built data to construction plans and surveys for accuracy verification.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of land survey experience including construction layout and boundary reconstruction.
- Ability to pass a medical physical examination.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Knowledge of the principles and accepted practices of professional land surveying.
- Knowledge of survey terminology and chaining procedures.
- Possession of a valid class C driver's license
- Knowledge of conventional survey instruments (total stations, theodolites, electronic data monitors (EDMs), data collectors, levels, prism poles and level rod
- Ability to perform mathematical computations using algebra, geometry and trigonometry and to compile raw survey data.
- Ability to read construction plans and surveys and to make calculations using architectural/engineering scales.
- Ability to perform and close horizontal and vertical control traverses within acceptable tolerances.
- Ability to work within the guidelines established for working within the Airport Operations Area (AOA).
- Ability to prepare sketches and record data in an organized, legible format.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.