Professional responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining automated testing frameworks, test scripts and tools to ensure the quality and reliability of software applications. SDETs collaborate closely with software developers, data engineers and others to identify test requirements, implement test cases, and integrate automated testing into the software development lifecycle. This role requires a strong understanding of software development principles, proficiency in programming and scripting languages, and expertise in test automation tools and methodologies.
What you will be doing:
- Develops and maintains automated test scripts and testing frameworks to verify the functionality, performance, and security of software applications and data repositories using tools such as Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to create test plans, test cases, and test strategies based on product requirements, user stories, and data quality standards.
- Executes automated and manual test cases, including data validation tests, report defects, and verify defect fixes to ensure the overall quality of the software and data.
- Integrates automated tests, including data validation tests, into the change pipeline to provide rapid feedback on code changes and ensure high-quality software releases and data updates.
- Manages and generates test data needed for automated testing and data validation while ensuring data consistency and integrity.
- Works closely with software developers, data engineers and stakeholders to understand application functionality, data processing pipelines, and provide observations on code and data changes to align test scenarios to stakeholder expectations.
- Provides clear and concise test documentation to software developers, data engineers and stakeholders highlighting test results and potential risks.
- Performs regression testing to verify that software updates or new features do not introduce unexpected issues into the data lake.
What you need:
What we desire:
- Experience in various software development processes (e.g. waterfall, agile and other methodologies)
- Strong knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Maven)
- Familiarity with data lake technologies, data quality tools, and concepts is a plus.
- Must obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Identification/Access Badge (badge) in accordance with Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements in Chapter 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1500 et. Al. and DFW Airport's Airport Security Program within thirty (30) days from date of employment and maintain qualification for a SIDA badge upon each badge renewal.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.