Under general direction of the Assistant Vice President, Aviation Security is responsible for the Department of Public Safety Civilian Security Officer Program and, in that role, develops, implements, and oversees a comprehensive and innovative airport security program for DFW International Airport Board. Functions include security operations, basic and advanced training of security personnel, security research and innovation, regulatory compliance and proactively identifying and addressing emerging Airport security threats. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to Airside, Landside, Air Operations Area (AOA) gates and corporate campuses. Manages the overall training, planning, and scheduling of security personnel; reviews conditions and analyzes equipment needs.
What you will be doing:
- This position is pivotal in meticulously strategizing, coordinating, and overseeing the operations of Aviation Security Operations. Given the critical nature of aviation security, any lapses or shortcomings in these plans can have far-reaching consequences, impacting not only the safety of air travel but also global security and stability.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and ensures compliance with CFR1542 and the Airport's comprehensive and innovative airport security program to include security policies, procedures, programs, training, research, compliance, and innovation.
- Routinely prepares critical correspondence, for executive level internal and external distribution, pertaining to critical decisions, complex problems, requests and other issues associated with Aviation Security that requires the analyzation of intricate data.
- Autonomously reviews, develops, and executes projects to address facility conditions, security equipment needs for all DPS Aviation Security operations, and makes recommendations to Executive Airport staff regarding necessary security improvements.
What you need:
- Master's degree in criminal justice, Public Administration, Homeland Security, or related field.
- Seven (7) years management level experience in law enforcement, security, or related field.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above
- Ability to clearly establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, Board officials, other public officials, stakeholders (TSA, Airlines, CBP, etc.), and the general public.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and formulate solutions or recommendations.
- Ability to meet and deal with the public, representatives from regulatory and other organizations, and Board staff to plan, organize, coordinate and monitor activities and resolve operational problems.
Salary Range: $97,125 - $124,669
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees. Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be. Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose