As the Assistant Vice President of Capital Planning, you will oversee the tracking, reporting, and accounting of capital activity to all levels throughout the organization. You will also be involved in activities and issues related to funding of capital projects including timing and amounts of bond sales, AIP Grants, and Passenger Facility Charge programs. Under the general direction of the Vice President, Finance, plans, supervises, directs, administers, and participates in the development and administration of the Airport's capital plans, budgets, capital reporting, Fixed Assets, Construction Programs Accounting, and various other special projects.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the development and review of the Airport's rolling 10-year Capital Plans and annual capital budgets.
- Provide advice, guidance, and problem resolution on capital funding and other complex issues related to the capital budgets and various funding sources.
- Develop, review, and implement internal controls to ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures relating to capital and Fixed Assets.
- Apply appropriate business practices to assess the value of capital projects to the airport.
- Provide a learning environment to facilitate continuous growth of staff's knowledge of the business to position the Capital, Fixed Assets, and Construction Accounting Groups to be business partners with customer departments and to ensure that staff maintains a high level of technical, systems, and business competence in areas of responsibility.
- Oversee and direct construction programs cost accounting for the Airport.
- Ensure staff understands upstream and downstream impact of capital activities to facilitate accurate financial reporting and Rates, Fees, and Charges.
- Prepare and/or review analysis of capital projects to determine returns on investments, ongoing costs and impacts on rates.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional-level experience, with three (3) to five (5) years of capital and annual expense budgeting experience.
- Two (2) years of direct supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Masters of Business Administration.
- Experience in both municipal/governmental and private sector environments.
- Experience in an Oracle systems environment.
- Accounting and/or Finance experience in a construction, engineering, or design environment
- Experience in Financial reporting
- Experience in Skire/Unifier project management software.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.