Love working outdoors ? Do you have a passion for crafting beautiful landscapes and ensuring they're in tip-top shape? If so, we've got an exciting opportunity for you! Our team is seeking a Maintenance Worker II to help us keep the grounds looking fantastic and create a positive environment for our community.
What you will be doing:
- Operates one or more of the following types of powered or mobile equipment and vehicles maintaining grounds and constructing and installing landscapes: 72" riding mower, slope mower, tractor with batwing, flail, tiller and bushhog attachments, 2 1/2 -and 5 - ton dump truck, rubber tire front-end loader, backhoe, small sweeper, pressure washer, water trailer, tree spade, brush chipper, 4-wheel all-terrain vehicle, forklift and all foul weather sand spreaders and de-icer tank sprayers.
- Operates powered equipment including weedeater, edger, blower, tiller, hedge trimmer, chain saw and air compressor.
- Uses manual tools including shovels, axes, rakes, hoes, spreaders and pruning equipment.
- Picks up litter on grounds, Aircraft Operations Area, and in parking lot areas; empties trash cans and replaces liners; uses broom and blower to sweep parking lots and other assigned areas.
- Performs operational inspection of assigned vehicles and equipment and performs minor maintenance including adding fluids and air.
- Install, water, mulch, maintain, fertilize and weed turf, trees, shrubs, ground cover and other plants; including mowing, pruning and landscape construction.
- May assist in spraying of herbicides under the direction of licensed supervisor using hand and powered spray equipment.
- May train to operate other pavements and grounds maintenance equipment.
- May oversee and participate in the work of an assigned crew of employees or contract laborers; may operate vehicles to transport crew, equipment and supplies to and from work site.
- Performs manual labor such as moving furniture, boxes and other items as well as setup for special events and holidays.
What you need:
- Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in construction, landscaping, grounds keeping, mowing or related experience.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport-one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We're recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We're looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.