As a Tactical Telecommunicator, you will play a vital role in the safety and security of our airport passengers and stakeholders. You will be responsible for operating telecommunications equipment to receive and evaluate incoming calls for police, fire and medical assistance then dispatching the appropriate personnel and equipment to the emergency sites. In addition, you will be operating and monitoring the various CCTV systems, terminal alarms, and providing surveillance support for daily incidents and criminal cases to local, state, and federal courts. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels, you should consider this great opportunity at DFW International Airport—where we are transforming the way people travel.
What you will be doing:
• Operating and monitoring Emergency 911 system, multiple talk group two-way radio system and departmental telephone lines, receiving and evaluating incoming requests for police, fire and medical assistance and dispatching police, fire and medical units as required based on the nature of the call; disseminating information to field units as required.
• Monitoring status of all on-duty police, fire and medical units, coordinating availability of each unit and the need for additional assistance from on-call personnel.
• Maintaining notification files and making requests for services from other Airport Board departments, specialized police/fire units, secondary ambulance services, wrecker service, and others as needed.
• Monitoring critical safety and security systems such as CCTV and fire exit door alarm systems; using discretion in determining severity of situation and appropriate response; dispatching first responders to required events.
• Using the CCTV system to record airfield incidents such as aircraft alerts, fires, accidents, or others as requested by the incident commander; ensuring that these video views are instantly made available to the AOC and DPS command staff.
What you need:
• Completion of high school curriculum or equivalent.
• One (1) year of experience in public safety performing telecommunications activities in a police, fire, or emergency medical environment and/or CCTV surveillance in a public safety or security environment.
• Ability to pass State of Texas certification and licensing requirements for Telecommunicators within one year from date of hire or from date of appointment to the position of Tactical Telecommunicator if not already licensed and certified in the State of Texas.
• Ability to pass certification requirements for Texas Crime Information Center /National Crime Information Center (TCIC/NCIC) and Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications/National Law Enforcement Telecommunications (TLETS/NLETS) within one year from date of hire or date of appointment to the position of Tactical Telecommunicator if not already certified.
• Ability to pass certification requirements for Emergency Medical Dispatch protocols within one year from date of hire or from date of appointment to the position of Tactical Telecommunicator if not already EMD certified through International Academy of Emergency Dispatch.
• Ability to pass CJIS Security Awareness Training within six months of employment.
• Must not have been convicted of a Class “B” misdemeanor within the last ten (10) years or any offense greater than a Class “B”.
• Must not have been convicted of any family violence offense.
• Ability to pass a personal and criminal background check
• Ability to pass a psychological evaluation
• Ability to pass a truth verification examination.
• Ability to pass a medical physical examination
• Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license
What we desire:
• TCOLE certification
• EMD certification
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.