As a Contract Administrator, you will be responsible for working with appropriate Airport Staff in developing and writing request for bid/proposals/qualifications for construction, architectural, engineering and land survey services that support the Airport’s Design, Code, and Construction Department. You will facilitate a seamless management of contract execution from solicitation, negotiating terms and conditions, and writing and administering contracts. ¿You will be tasked with ensuring contract administration functions are carried out consistently, while delivering a high level of service.
What you will be doing:
- Identify prospective bidders/proposers and make recommendations to technical and Business Diversity and Development Department representatives to issue procurement plan and oversee distribution of bid/proposal documents.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct negotiations or participate in negotiating teams for new work, changes, claims, etc. write changes orders, record of negotiations, findings of fact, claim settlement agreements, and other required documentation.
- Advise Board staff and consultant project managers of potential contractual problems and provides contract interpretations.
- Determine the allowability and allocability of costs and contract payments; negotiate disputed items with contractors/consultants.
- Ensure compliance with commercial or business aspects of work (i.e. wage rates, bond and insurance requirements); in conjunction with Risk Management to ensure adequacy of insurance coverage and continued coverage throughout the contract performance period.
- Review audit reports negotiate disputed items and incorporates results of the audit into the contract; prepare draft audit responses for review and approval.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business or public administration or other related business, technical/engineering, or information technology field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible purchasing experience or experience administering general or professional service contracts.
- Experience in negotiating new contracts and modifications/changes to contracts.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver's license.
What we desire:
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite Applications
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of over 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join us and help reimagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW. Live and work with purpose.